[udig-devel] download size, and download source code

Matthias Basler wrote:

Second topic I'd like to talk about is download size. I noticed that
- uDigxxx.exe is ~60MB
- uDigxxx.zip is ~20MB
- uDig SVN repository checkout is ~100MB (or something like that)

Since I have a download limit I wonder why a rather "non-multimedia" program as
uDig is that large, and if there are possibilities to reduce download size for
the final version.
It includes a JRE, Java Advanced Imaging and ImageIO. If you check the archives you will find a discussion of filesize.

- Please provide source code - at least of stable versions - as packed zip file
that can be imported as a complete project into Eclipse. Some Eclipse examples
do exactly that. This is a much smaller alternative to SVN checkout for people
like me that don't need the most-up-to-date code. I have the feeling the SVN
repository sends its data unpacked. But I might be wrong.
This is already on the build jira todo list. You have met jira?

Back to the top