[udig-devel] testing WMS in 0.9RC3

Hi list,

I decided to test uDIG 0.9RC3, but I ran into some blocking problems, so I
need your help to continue testing.

I am trying to use data from a Dutch WMS service (EPSG:28992), but I can't
find this code in the uDIG EPSG dialog, and if I type it in the select box
I get "An error has occurred". See error log for more details. Why is this
EPSG code not in uDIG? Where do I find the error log? I searched the uDIG
directory for *.log and *.err but did not find anything.

Some more remarks/questions on the WMS capability of uDIG:

1. Why are the WMS layers not shown with their nesting as provided on the
WMS server? I have a layer DEMO which has a child layer Provincies, but
they are shown at the same level in uDIG.

2. In the layer selection window, only the server name + port are used to
identify a service, eg wms://www.vz.geodan.nl:1111. Why not use the
Service Title from the Capabilities, or the full onlineResource (ofcourse
that gets too long so the service title is better in my opinion)?

3. Why does the map not zoom to the latlonboundingbox of the WMS layer
added (I assume the default map projection is lat/lon?)?

This is my latlon boundingbox:
<LatLonBoundingBox minx="3.20036" miny="50.7175" maxx="7.27339"
maxy="53.5581" />

And my map in uDIG starts at approximately: x: -40 (min) to 50 (max), y:
3.5 (min) to 53.5 (max).

It seems like minx is used for miny or something like that?

4. Can I zoom to a bbox in uDIG? Could not find that functionality.

5. It is difficult in my opinion to find the change projection dialog, I
would want to reach that by right clicking on my map view or something
like that. It is under a general preferences dialog now, although it is a
property of the map view in my opinion.

Best regards,
Bart

Back to the top