Re: [udig-devel] m5a?

Jody,

The linux instalation seems almost useless most of the time wrt some components.
There is basically one working route through the mazes of options ... and if you
take a wrong turn you'releft out to dry. I have also found similar issues today
on windows.

Thus far the bugs have centered around file io, job scheduling, job canceling,
network io, and the update framework. Since we rely on many of these components
for uDig, I would rather fall back to M4. I am making this recomendation based
on the assumption that the new wizards will have to be completely re-vamped, and
feel that this tradeoff (a late 0.9 release which works well vs. something now
that could well not work).

I did not include the 'command' issues, as this is not currently part of the
active udig developement, and thus does not present any additional time
requirements (we may just have to write this code differently).

David