Re: [udig-devel] More intuitive adding of layers

Jeroen Ticheler wrote:

case, but it would be much more intuitive if I could simply click a button that says 'Add layer' and would then open a wizard box that allowed me to choose a shapefile etc.. and add that to the map instead of first adding it to the catalog and then to the map.... I'm sure this would be a first complaint of my potential users when I propose them to use UDIG :-)
Does this make sense?

Actually it makes a lot of sense - there is a workflow recomendations document that covers this. A few of the recomendations are already implemented in 0.8.RC1 (but not enough of them).

You can at least drag and drop shapefiles onto the screen though. And in 0.8.RC1 this is a "non blocking' opperation.

I will post a nice overview diagram of the Data workflow when i get into work and we can see what you think.

Jody out

Back to the top