Re: [udig-devel] Problems with Http proxy and re-reading prefs

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 08:25:38 -0800, Jody Garnett
<jgarnett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ian Turton wrote:

> Nope you are doing everything fine - this is a known issue with a
> workaround.
> In the config.ini file you can uncomment a line and set your proxy
> settings once and for all.

Thanks that seems to work

> >Another problem I've run into is that even when given a different
> >workspace (i.e. one the students can write to) uDig insists on being
> >able to write to uDig\eclipse\configuration\org.eclipse.core.runtime\.manager\.filetable.
> >This is a trifle inconvenient but I can overcome it (though I'm not
> >really supposed to allow students write permission for that disk).
> >

> This *is* interesting, so you have one udig install that many people are
> running.

That's the plan,  since students only get a 100Mb of home disk they
can't install uDig. So I've made a central install on a disk they
aren't supposed to be able to write to.
I thn told the shortcut to uDig to work in thier home disk space.

> That is great Ian we will have to figure that out :-) Always happy with
> a new issue, and this one is solvable, earliest I can look into it is
> next week. Does this agree with your timeline?

No great rush as I say I've worked round it but a fix would be good.

--
Ian Turton
http://www.geotools.org

Back to the top