Re: [udig-devel]

At 08:27 22/12/2004 -0800, Jody Garnett wrote:
Aravind Lakkavalli Hiriyanniah wrote:

Hi,
  Thanks for the info.
I have installed all the required Jre,JAI but still I have some problem. When I click on eclipse.exe It gives me a warning that Java Advanced Imagaing is not installed. But I am very sure about the installation. How to go about it?
Darn at this point all I can do is repeat the installation instructions:
0) Install the one click installer

Which I have to say is fantastic. A little large perhaps but well worth it for the time and energy it saves!

When I get to work I will find out the actual method eclipse uses to find a JRE on windows and forward the link.

If you want my guess, it uses the secret java.exe file which can be found in your windows/system32 directory. This is installed each time you put a version of Java on your machine and it is the file which reads the registry entry. Because your windows directory comes before anything on your PATH variable most attempts to pick the JRE that you want fail. More often than not I rename this file so that I can use 'PATH' to pick the jre that I want. (Not that I can recommend messing around inside your system32 folder, so do so at your own risk!)

James

Back to the top