[udig-devel] Re: Story Time.

Jody Garnett wrote:

Richard Gould wrote:

Does it really need to be reduced functionality though? We could just have an adapter that continually readjusts the map according to Page's needs whenever it is refreshed. This would address the selection layer issue.

That could work - for those following along at home the problem is that we need to preserve the appearance of the Map for printing, but any selection information would not be preserved.

Alternate Idea: the Map could not have a selection manager, that would be a good clue to MapEditor code that it does not need edit tools, selection and so on (or that it can disable them).

Jody

What I meant was something that would allow them to perform everything normally in a Page's Map. Editing and selection in particular. The difference between a regular Map and a Map-in-a-Page would be nothing from the user's point of view.

Back to the top