[udig-devel] Re: Story Time.

Richard Gould wrote:

Q: How does one specify a map?
A: They could add a map by dragging it from the ProjectExplorer into the PageEditor. They could also potentially drag a box from the PageEditor's Palette into the PageEditor. This would then ask them to choose an existing map, or maybe to create a new one.

Q: How does one edit a map?
A: Each map inside a Page could be represented as children in the ProjectExplorer. Open the map from the ProjectExplorer could open a reduced-functionality map viewer. This would allow them to update the map viewport in the Page.

Q: How does one specify multiple maps?
A: They could create multiple maps as before. The only issue is other Boxes knowing which map to use. They could contain a reference to a map that would be represented visually as a connection in the PageEditor.

Cool thanks Richard - I am CCing the list as we try and move more development shop talk into the open.

Jesse is the above plan sound?

The user workflow sounds good .. story number 1 sounds especially good (direct manipulation is almost always the right answer).

The reduced functionality MapEditor may be a bit of work though ...
Cheers,
Jody

Back to the top