Re: [udig-devel] Interesting Features

One thing to consider is an alternate zooming method for those without a mousewheel, maybe holding down the right mouse button and moving the mouse horizontally or vertically to change the zoom level. Though it might sound strange, moving the mouse horizontally to zoom in and out actually feels more comfortable then moving vertically.

With panning, a lot of programs use the click and drag method, but that can get fairly tedious when dealing with a large area. Might be good to support the click and drag method but also have a way for panning simply by moving the cursor close to the viewport boundary.

-Matt