Re: [tracecompass-dev] Compiling elipse trace compass incubator version

Hi,

The docker file in the Incubator is made to generate the Trace Compass server. The Trace Compass server has to be used using a trace extension (https://github.com/eclipse-cdt-cloud/vscode-trace-extension for example). If you want to build Trace Compass incubator standalone, you should use maven and not the docker files.

To build the Trace Compass server, it is required to build the Trace Compass image first using the Dockerfile in https://github.com/eclipse-tracecompass/org.eclipse.tracecompass located in releng/dockerfiles/Dockerfile.  The alpine version is not up to date in the incubator dockerfile and I will make a patch to fix this shortly.

Best,
Arnaud

On 2024-05-24 10:28 a.m., Xiaolin Liu via tracecompass-dev wrote:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am currently trying to build and compile the Eclipse Trace compass incubator version. I have encountered problems compiling it locally using Maven and building the docker image using the docker file. I have checked online, and it was saying "This typically happens if you're using an image that does not have the Alpine package manager (apk). Additionally, the Docker image reference tracecompassincubator/tracecompass seems incorrect or not formatted properly." So, I have changed the dockerfile content. But I still got this error below.

I suspect that there is something wrong with the docker file content.

but I am having difficulty changing to the correct base image. I need some help on this.

the original file was complaining about the APK package, and generated something like this,

Best,

Xiaolin