Re: [tracecompass-dev] R: Question about VM tracing with LTTng and Virtual Machine Analysis inside TraceCompass

[Resending, with the proper account.. Sorry!]

On Tue, 2021-02-16 at 17:42 -0500, Jonathan Rajotte-Julien wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 07:48:13PM +0000, tracecompass developer
> discussions wrote:
> > OS: openSUSE Tumbleweed ( # VERSION="20210210" )
> > Kernel version: Linux 5.10.12-1-default x86_64
> >
> > LTTng-tools 2.12.2 (
> > https://software.opensuse.org/package/lttng-tools,
> > https://lttng.org/files/lttng-tools/lttng-tools-2.12.2.tar.bz2 )
> > LTTng-ust 2.12.0 ( https://software.opensuse.org/package/lttng-ust,
> > https://lttng.org/files/lttng-ust/lttng-ust-2.12.0.tar.bz2 )
> > LTTng-modules 2.12.0-rc1 ( https://github.com/lttng/lttng-modules )
>
> I had no problem using the default packages available:
>
> lttng-ust
> lttng-tools
> lttng-modules
> lttng-modules-kmp-default

Yep, it works fine now... Thanks for checking!

> If you need more info on the opensuse package please contact the
> maintainer of
> lttng-modules-kmp to figure out how to build for opensuse.

Sure! IIRC, there was a "glitch" after a recent update of the kernel
(don't recall from which to which other point release, out of the top
of my head) and, therefore, Emilio had to temporarily switch to
upstream sources for the modules.

But Tony (the maintainer of LTTng packages for openSUSE) fixed it, and
all is working now.

Regard

--
Dario Faggioli, Ph.D