[technology-pmc] AW: [geclipse-dev] Re: RC0 ready

Title: Nachricht
Dear Bjorn

Thank you for reminding us about the review. You noticed correctly that we are nearing the 0.5.0 release. Due to some additional requests, we shifted the final release to september 2007. (see   http://www.eclipse.org/projects/timeline/).

The reasons for the shift are the following ones:
- The g-Eclipse project decided in spring that we want to be Europa-compatible with our first release candidate 0.5.0 RC0. This created some additional integration effort. Therefore we were a little bit delayed in starting the review process.
- We still have some IP issues open. Markus will adress these in the next few weeks. As our tool rely on  some external libs, these IP issues needs to be adressed before the review.

We will create two intermediate release candidates until the September release.

But we are aware of the review and we would like to ask already to set up the review in september. As far as I know we have to finished the "review slides" until mid of september and then a telco needs to be arranged? Am I right? This will be done in collaboration with emo@xxxxxxxxxxx

So having passed the g-Eclipse review in September, we would be ready to show the framework at the EclipseSummit2007 in Ludwigsburg.

Best regards

Harald

Dr. Harald Kornmayer

Institut für wissenschaftliches Rechnen