[technology-pmc] Subversive eclipse.org website?

Title: Bjorn Freeman
Subversive Project Team Members,
I notice a number of problems in the Subversive project.

First, it appears that development is really being done at polarion.org rather than at eclipse.org - in fact, because all the links on the page go to Polarion.org, someone could mistake the Subversive page at Eclipse.org for an advertisement for the work being done at Polarion. The sources have apparently been moved to eclipse.org [1] but the web page does not mention that or how to get the source. There are ZERO posts in the subversive-dev mailing list. The newsgroup has some activity, but the Polarion forum seems to have more. And so on.

And the web page does not have the standard project left menu.
And the page appears a bit out of date:
  • "speaking at EclipseCon 2007" - that was more than four months ago
  • "targeted at Callisto" - that was last year's simultaneous release
  • uses the older incubation logo
  • ...
Second, you are using 1.0.x naming instead of the 0.7 Mx naming that you said you would in your proposal (and the 0.7 Mx naming is the more standard Eclipse naming scheme).

Third, you released a 1.1 official release [2,3,4] on March 6th, 2007 even though you did not have a Release Review [5] or IP clearance to do so.  Your Creation Review was completed on Dec 20, 2006 [6]; after that time, the project is to be run under the auspices of the Eclipse Development Process (EDP). The EDP requires a Release Review and associated IP clearance before any major (non bug-fix) release.

Please update us on the status of this project vis a vis the Eclipse Development Process, the location of development, and the IP clearance issues. I'm hoping that all is well and that I'm just missing some information (e.g., an email approving your code checkin? an email saying that a 1.1 release was ok pending resolution of CQ 1542? you're continuing development at Polarion and not following the ECP pending approval of CQ 1542 but you haven't said that on the website ...?) Anyway, let me know.

--
Bjorn Freeman-Benson
Director, Open Source Process

voice:  971-327-7323 (Pacific Time)