[sw360-dev] sw360Meeting today

Hi,

in case you missed the meeting today and are interested I would like to share what we have discussed today. Hope I got this right.

Kind regards, Michael

Notes from today's meeting

Topic: "Projects and Milestones."

* Using Projects and Milestones: we use the waffle module as complete kanban view and the github project for individual efforts and milestones
* TODO Michael: add waffle integration to github by bugzilla ticket (already done)

Topic: "Eclipse Migration"

* Eclipse repo points: travis seems not be OK with test for fossology because because files missing, also .* files were not added
* More eclipse repo points: integration of the slack with the eclipse/sw360 repo is bumpy
* TODO send slack invitation link to Fredric from the EF if he agrees (open)
* in summary the following three things were sent to the eclipse team: asking for the confirmation to the github team from "admin" side, solving the slack channel integration and reactivating the waffle plugin.

Topic: "Source Code Bundle Generation"

* Regarding the source code bundle generation: there is a quick fix and we voted for merging this.
* The quick fix uses an old API of requesting attachments and not the new one.
* It was also agreed on to refactor using the new API before tagging the next release.

Topic: "New Single Page UI"

* Malvin, new contributor to sw360 from Bosch presented the Material/based Web UI for sw360.
 * a mock up right now.
 * discussing the the sw360portal has difficulties to authenticate with the REST API in order to use it
 * however, new functionality should be there provided the REST UI so new UI approaches can use it

Topic: "SW360 Website"

* Malvin presents a theme candidate for the hugo system for crafting a sw360 web page. ("Material")
* discussed automation of web page generation
 * let's go ahead with the content and the adaption of the theme

Topic: "performance"

* doing some measurements and discussions on the page load performance of the component main page
* pls see issue #796 "Performance Permission Check at Database Level"
* new idea is to have the sw360portlet based paging on the server as low hanging fruit to improve on the component list build up wait time

Topic: "Whitesource Update"

* question about naming the plugin and splitting functionality between backend and frontend

Back to the top