Re: [sumo-user] Using TAZs for random trips

1. The edge is source as well as sink
2. This is what od2trips does (pick random edges in each taz): https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Demand/Importing_O/D_Matrices.html  but if you wan't the flows between taz to be random you may as well use randomTrips.py: https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Tools/Trip.html
3. you can assign stops to generated trips and routes: https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Tools/Routes.html#addstops2routespy
4. no (though it depends what you want to use the TAZ for)
5. If you want to use od2trips, I recommend https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Demand/Importing_O/D_Matrices.html#tazrelation_format.  Of course you can also use edges or nodes as OD (nodes has the advantage of generating routes without turnarounds because you never pick the "wrong" starting direction edge but you can also avoid this with edge-based routes (i.e. by using randomTrips option --remove-loops).