[sumo-user] Using TAZs for random trips

Dear community,
I created TAZs using netedit.exe. The TAZ file created has the following:
<tazSource id="-E11" weight="1.00"/>
<tazSink id="-E11" weight="1.00"/>
1. Does this mean that edge "-E11" is used as a source as well as a sink? Or does this mean that edge "-E11" is the source and its own sink?
2. Also, I want to create random trips from one TAZ to another. I want a random edge from one TAZ to be used as a source and another random edge from another TAZ to be used as a sink with random flow. Is this possible? If yes, please direct me on how to achieve this.
3. Can a stop also be assigned when using TAZs to generate trips?
4. Is it necessary to have an OD matrix to use TAZs?
5. To create a hypothetical OD matrix to be used in SUMO, what should be the format? Should we use nodes or lanes/edges?

Thanks and regards,
Rohan

Back to the top