Re: [sumo-user] pedestrian teleporting to opposite side at junctions

This explains it: You need to select the edges to be crossed, rather than the edges connected by the crossing. Note, that this allows you to define middle islands by creating two consecutive crossings on the same side.
Make sure that the edges being crossed have at least some lanes that prohibit pedestrians.