[sumo-user] [*** SPAM ***]detemining queue length in SUMO

Hello,

currently I am trying to use this option:

https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Simulation/Output/QueueOutput.html

to determine queue lengths at a signalized intersection.

This generates an enormous XML file for my simulation (timestep 0.1sec, duration 12 hours). I wrote a small Python script to extract moments from this data where the queue is shrinking after reaching a temporary maximum. Though not ideal, this works well enough.

A few questions/remarks about this:

  • I see queues being logged that expand beyond the end of alane; is this correct? This is great, I was just curious how this works: does SUMO look at where vehicles want to go?
  • Given this situation:

    How will SUMO determine where the queue is standing? Ie. if it is a queue going right or going straight in this image.
  • For my current pupose it would be completely OK for this logging to only happen for example every second. It would spare a lot of logging and save some space.
  • It may be worth considering adding an option to only log temporary maximum queue lengths, ie. the size right before the queue shrinks with a given minimum threshold. Of course it depends on the use case, but it is often interesting to know when queues occured and how long they were.

Greets, Menno

ps. In case someone is intrerested, I am happy to share my tiny queue-log-parsing-script

Back to the top