Re: [sumo-user] Validation of a road capacity with SUMO
  • From: François Vaudrin <francois.vaudrin.1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 17:09:48 +0000
  • Accept-language: fr-FR, en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=ulaval.ca; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=ulaval.ca; dkim=pass header.d=ulaval.ca; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=o83iwBld634zUcQPWjnUI0WD5QICK+VHAHB12Ud19qw=; b=LYZdGnChqmRF1VDnw9771HkdMrgNvNE358E3YRQtvSlbAV5pqXQm6fvAHPis/lbh61q/OF8w4j54+OFqVjQh0o8c14yZo+VfmfKgyG5uzQshQ3D3/FGuYnYltfNi5wPQclbZKpdnf60SZElA3PnQkA+PQ+bKO/OEZ118SEFSnq39+RRhbkCqMJICOj4ote0Ud1mQpWT/poCC4b1ipxo4BKlKcmU8TtqSay9Xas7ena8lFAruCFepmatRqs1vvfOIi3afyNDBlwRdH4IdfnhO+kltr/spmGI6J6EtG3USuEStvGQphy71b8vlC87Jtwx/KBKWzOdt/QZvA41qMCloyg==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=nqbS8R53dxL5YTS91d0jVujiPpGxK0cVFhIgyMVOXTuV4Oy5M1rFq9NdXStoVMvVy2Rp23jg/L7UpftjIa8+ADOTt7KXcst+sguCXiWT29gATglt6JZ39kmicOVxQNkoyG1pFyUrEmOkMaPBYFx7x5XKroSk2PHuQo+gmTRQpqi49/80Gq4MomH0DDsfM0tRN1bw0p4hyvP8q1qaunadPrYZiRJeKOGfDbBY3qEJdRAs5Mwl+5Rua1whrL5oHUQZ+54AjYEcQCvbIKqn4oVdTuUYNhgHNuPkCIua85lYwVnNgluscYeLerfBycU56D03yDrXjp/UYTRzCcdp90A+Ww==

Hallo Jakob,

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain these issues (all the more so during the weekend). You bring several creative solutions to generate congestion situations and I will take time to study them carefully.

You made me realize that indeed we cannot create jams artificially at the front of a stream if there are no more obstacles beyond. It makes sense and this is an excellent observation! I also like your suggestion to use random speed fluctuations to create unexpected jams because that's what happens sometimes in real life.

Can we create congestion artificially in SUMO by adding an edge at the end of the network with a speed lower than the maximum speed of the vehicles? So all vehicles would slow down entering the last edge and that could increase the density at the back of the stream and create jams?

Once again thank you for your availability and as I mentioned previously during the Berlin conference in 2015, no organization is comparable to the SUMO team in terms of support and help for users.

Vielen Dank

François