[sumo-user] retrieving delay time at signalized intersection

Hello all,

suppose I have a signalized intersection, and wish to know the delay caused by the traffic light, what would be a good approach?

Currently I do this:

  • place e3-detectors with entries before the intersection, and exits after the intersection
    • side note: this leads to warnings in SUMO cause I place entries/exits of traffic that is diverging from or converging to a single lane on that lane; SUMO shows a lot of warnings, telling me about vehicles that only entered or left the e3 detector. is it bad practice to place e3 detectors this way?
  • collect data (can the 15 min default interval be changed?)
  • then use meanTimeLoss * vehicleSum as the total delay that occured for a given route over the intersection during the given interval

Is this a viable approach? Will it correctly estimate the delay caused by the traffic lights?

A few specific questions:

  • am I right to assume that only vehicles that entered and left the e3 detector will be counted in "vehicleSum"? (and time loss...)
  • should I take into account "meanTimeLossWithin"? or will "meanTimeLoss" for the next interval reflect the "time loss within" from the previous round? currently I am assuming the latter.

Thanks for any thoughts and tips!

Greets,

Menno van der Woude
CodingConnected e.U. (Wien - Österreich)
E menno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
W www.codingconnected.eu

Back to the top