[sumo-user] Dynamic traffic lights

Hello,

I figured out that you can make traffic lights dynamically by doing the
following:
https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Simulation/Traffic_Lights.html#actuated_traffic_lights

If I understand it correctly, you change the type of the traffic light from
"static" to "actuated" and add the parameters which are necessary, and
implement detectors / induction loops into the network. (basic procedure)

Is there another way to make a traffic light dynamically? In general the
traffic jam in front of a traffic light should be reduced - this means that
I want a longer green phase for a lane when the induction loop "notices" a
traffic jam.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
Jens