Re: [sumo-user] Combination of road and rail networks

For merging networks, see https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/netconvert.html#merging_networks

Am Mo., 29. März 2021 um 15:54 Uhr schrieb <Maria.Armellini@xxxxxx>:
Hi Fereshteh,

you can load multiple route files in sumo by separating them by comma, for example: "-r road_routes.xml,rail_routes.xml". So there is no problem with loading one file with your road demand and another one with rail demand.

In these links you can find more information about importing ODs in sumo (https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/od2trips.html and https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Definition_of_Vehicles%2C_Vehicle_Types%2C_and_Routes.html#incomplete_routes_trips_and_flows) and here (https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/index.html#demand_modelling) there is more information about demand modelling in general.

Regards,
Giuliana

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: sumo-user <sumo-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> Im Auftrag von Fereshteh Jafari Shahdani
Gesendet: Montag, 29. März 2021 13:13
An: sumo-user@xxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: [sumo-user] Combination of road and rail networks

Hello,

I want to work on the interaction of road and rail networks in case of some disruptions in a large pilot zone. The problem is our pilot zone does not have an integrated mobility network and traffic demand information including both rail and roads. But we have both networks' info and their OD demands separately. My question is: if I want to assess their interaction, after preparing the necessary files for each network, can I easily combine the XML files of both networks and run the simulation or it is not as simple as I think?

Sincerely,
Fereshteh