Re: [sumo-user] Using SUMO for simulation of a multimodal transportation system

Hello,
answer are inline.

The passengers disembarking and boarding at/from transportation systems are considered as continuous flows. We want to know if we can model the continuous behaviors of passengers using SUMO?

Yes. The 'personFlow' element allows for this.

Can we generate a random number of passengers that want to disembark from a transportation system?

You can define person flows with binomially distributed arrivals, To have more influence on arrival patterns you need to generate random simulation input files with a fully specified sequence of arrivals with an extra script.

Can we also have information on the number of waiting passengers in a station using a sensor for example?

Yes. You can track the number of passengers either with xml output files or via run-time access to the simulation (i.e. from a python script).

Finally, can we control the departure dates of transportation systems from the exchange stations?

Yes. You can define transport schedules as well as ad-hoc services (taxi).

regards,
Jakob

Garanti sans virus. www.avast.com