Re: [sumo-user] Using GPS Trace Data for Route Definition

In sumo, each vehicle (identified by it's "id" ) has only one route. You cannot re-use the same id before this vehicle has left the simulation.
However, you can concatenate routes into one big route.
If you need to string together a series of routes while still keeping the output separate (i.e. a tripinfo output for each part) and you must ensure that the next route only starts after the first route has ended then you could define a person with a sequence of rides (https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Specification/Persons.html)

Alternatively, you can use sumolib to find the edges. See https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Tools/Sumolib.html#locate_nearby_edges_based_on_the_geo-coordinate