[sumo-user] Distance calculation

Dear SUMO Community,

I am trying to calculate distance between ego and foe vehicle based on there position coordinates(Cartesian) captured in SSM output file. I was wondering if anyone has tried this before and can share details about how to precisely calculate distance.
I am aware of distance calculation formula using 2 coordinates but I was wondering if that would be the correct approach in this case. Please provide your suggestions.
I would greatly appreciate.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Ishan Dindorkar