[sumo-user] fcd output and time step accuracy

Hello,

I used fcd output to get the acceleration and speed data of a simulation.
The total travel time is 168 seconds longer with --step-length 1 than with
--step-length 0.1.
The wiki mentions that the fcd output of SUMO works like a GPS. Does this
mean the smaller time steps are more accurate?
--step-length 0.1 and --step-length 0.01 are similar. Only a difference of 3
seconds.

I also wanted to make videos of my simulations using vlc screen capture.
That worked fine using SumoGui with step length of 1 second, but this seems
to be wrong now. Is there a way to get videos of the correct simulation with
step length 0.1? I guess the step length in SumoGui can be changed and then
instead of vlc capture there should be screenshots exported?

Best regards