Re: [sumo-user] Lane change before junction - exclude certain edge as beginning in route with fringe-factor in routeSampler

Hello,
1) you can set the fringe factor as high as you want (there is no upper limit). This way you can make it very unlikely for routes to start at non-fringe edges
2) route generation and route sampling are completely independent steps. There is no routeSampler option to exclude any routes because you could exclude them from the input: either while generating input routes or in an intermediate step where you perform manual or automated filtering on the routes before you pass them to routeSampler
3) if the problem occurs because vehicles start their routes on the wrong lane of a short edge, this can be avoided by setting the vehicle attribute departLane="best" which makes them start on a lane that is appropriate for their route. This can be done using randomTrips option --trip-attributes or routeSampler option --attributes

regards,
Jakob