Re: [sumo-user] Realistic Simulation with traffic data and calibration

I used randomTrips as input for routeSampler. The depart times of the routes
from randomTrips are important for the final simulation.

"C:\Python27\python.exe" "C:\Program Files
(x86)\Eclipse\Sumo\tools\randomTrips.py" -n osm.net.xml -e 3600 -p 1
--route-file rou.rou.xml

and then the routeSampler:
"..\sumo-git\tools\routeSampler.py" -r rou.rou.xml -t turncount.xml -o
outputRouteSampler.xml

The turncount.xml has this interval:
<interval id="turncount" begin="0.0" end="3600.0">
because the data I have are vehicle counts per hour.

If I use -e 3600 then the simulation is quite empty at the beginning, has a
lot of traffic jam until the end. That is not realistic. I want many
vehicles from the beginning.

Is tweaking the -e option the way to get realistic traffic?

Or do I have to control the total number of vehicles in my simulation to
avoid too much traffic jam?