Re: [sumo-user] Junction control: behaviour of mutual foes

Hi Jakob,

looking at this _expression_: https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/blob/95c3d0dfe8d4c07e1c2204317124b52929f006e0/src/microsim/MSVehicle.cpp#L6067

If the first vehicle on the junction should be prioritised, why doesn't it read

return egoET< foeET ? Time is in seconds, so smaller values indicate earlier arrival...?! On the other hand, the result of this change is quite noticeable. I compiled it for the sake of curiosity. Previously, each stream could let pass some vehicles before the other gets its turn. Now, left-turning vehicles wait for a long gap and cross with sometimes going through some fast oncoming traffic...

Mirko

-----Original-Nachricht-----

Hello,
oncoming traffic stops for left-turning traffic (which is waiting on the intersection) because the call to MSLink::getLeaderInfo returns the left-turning vehicle as a potential obstruction and the call to MSVehicle::isLeader confirms that the vehicle has right of way. There is a known issue with the second call in case of junction type "traffic_light_right_on_red" (https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/issues/6068).

best regards,
Jakob