Re: [sumo-user] detecting congestion

The automatic routing takes place with a fixed time period. In our projects we commenly use values between 5 and 10 minutes. Also, the automatic routing can use multiple CPUs.

Am Mi., 4. Sept. 2019 um 10:42 Uhr schrieb Hoffmann, Pascal <pascal.hoffmann@xxxxxx>:

Thanks for your reply!

I understand to use SMA and already did it for waiting time und the congestion threshold as well. But I'm not sure whether I understand the Automatic Routing correctly. Do you just check every time whether there is a faster route with the average (SMA) speed or do you have a trigger statement, which states that there is congestion on EDGEID ? Because rerouting a lot of cars via TraCI takes a lot of time, so I just want to use it, when there is congestion on the route.

Best regards,

Pascal

Von: sumo-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <sumo-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> im Auftrag von Jakob Erdmann <namdre.sumo@xxxxxxxxx>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 3. September 2019 08:45:00
An: Sumo project User discussions
Betreff: Re: [sumo-user] detecting congestion

The rerouting device implemenedt in SUMO must solve the same problem: let vehicles reroute around congestion.
It does so by averaging travel speeds either with a simple or exponential moving average (https://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Demand/Automatic_Routing).
The simple moving average over 180s is used by default. This is too smooth out traffic light cycles.
If all traffic lights in your network are running at the same cycle time, you could just use that value but with uncoordinated actuated traffic lights (or some complex junctions which require a higher cycle time) it's better to pick something that covers more than one cycle.
In general, you will have to compromise between noise in your detection due to traffic lights and detecting jams a bit late.

regards,
Jakob