[sumo-user] detecting congestion

Dear sumo users,

I'm trying to detect congested edges to reroute vehicles, which drive through these edges. So far I'm using two parameter. First a congestion threshold based on the greenshield model. Second the average waiting time over the last 60 s (--> because of the traffic light). But I'm not sure, how to choose a correct value for the waiting time, which detects congestion correctly. That's why, I wanted to ask you, whether you know any parameters to detect congested roads/edges.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Pascal

Back to the top