Re: [sumo-user] Reading vehicle speed using traci

Hello,
1) I would not expect this to happen. Which car-following model are you using? Can you provide a small sample simulation that shows the issue?
2) I would expect that the sum of the results of calling getEmergencyStoppingVehiclesNumber() in every simulation step equals the log output 'Emergency Stops:'. If that's not the case please provide a counterexample. Note, that emergency stops are different from emergency braking (the former happens if a vehicle drives too fast and reaches the end of it's lane, the latter may happen anywhere and is mostly due to vehicle interactions).
3) every simulation step that a vehicle spends with speed below 0.1m/s  without being in a stopped state is counted.

regards,
Jakob