Re: [sumo-user] Renaming vehicles during runtime

You can only remove and re-add a vehicle to modify ids.
In the Simpla-Platooning module (http://sumo.sourceforge.net/userdoc/Simpla.html), platoon positions are reflected using the type id instead (type can be changed at runtime). I would recommend this approach instead (It also scales better to having multiple platoons at the same time).

regards,
Jakob