Re: [sumo-user] GUI rendering issues on some computers

-----Original-Nachricht-----

Betreff: Re: [sumo-user] GUI rendering issues on some computers

Datum: 2019-02-01T12:53:19+0100

Von: "Jakob Erdmann" <namdre.sumo@xxxxxxxxx>

An: "m.barthauer@xxxxxxxxxxx" <m.barthauer@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Sumo project User discussions" <sumo-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>

FOX support for raster images

  • Using recent development versions (>1.1.0, self-compiled or downloaded), no raster images can be processed for background, PoI, ... anymore
  • Older SUMO versions feature FOX support
  • Very computer-specific: Happens on one of two Win7 PCs with the same hardware
Is there an error message?
Does the the error occur with different image formats?

Well, the usual error message from SUMO-GUI: Could not load "xxx". Fox was compiled without jpg support! Could not load "yyy". Fox was compiled without png support!
But the same executable runs without problems on the other computer :-(

Invisible vehicles when setting the color by TraCI

  • A vehicle is added using the TraCI call and set to red color right afterwards
  • The vehicle shape is not drawn = invisible, but the vehicle exists (can be tracked, shows blinkers)
  • Happens only on a specific computer but not on others (not the same as above)
This might be related to alpha=0 and some computers ignoring alpha due to graphics driver issues.
What client did you use and how did you construct the color object?

That is what I think, too. I forgot to say that due to compatibility reasons (C++ standard), here we still use the C++ client v0.31.0. If I run it on my PC, I get opaque vehicles with both 0 and 255 as alpha value. The code:

TraCIColor color = {255,0,0,255}; // tested with {255,0,0,0}, too
std::string SumoSimTime;
SumoSimTime = numberToString(m_SumoSimTime);
m_client.vehicle.add("car_00","route00","DEFAULT_VEHTYPE",SumoSimTime);
m_client.vehicle.setColor("car_00", color);

best regards,
Jakob

Back to the top