Re: [sumo-user] moveToXY and FatalTraCIError: connection closed by SUMO

Hello,
thanks to your example I was able to find and fix the bug that was causing the crash (https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/issues/5029).
However, I also found another issue so I recommend you use changeLaneRelative to move your vehicle back onto the forward lane (see https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/issues/5031)

You can also use changeLaneRelative to trigger the change to the opposite side, but be aware of https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/issues/5030

also you can scale the safety desire using vType parameter lcOpposite

The code for computing the timing is in MSLaneChanger::computeOvertakingTime

regards,
Jakob