Re: [sumo-user] Calculating shortest driving route between 2 nodes in SUMO/TraCI/SumoLib

Hello Bijal VARIA,

The solution that I had used was somewhat bounded to the considered version of SUMO, this is why my solution involved several tools (I was using at that time SUMO 0.13):
  • First of all I had to convert the whole road network into a weighted graph, by relying on Networkxs API and LibSUMO
  • The second step was to use the Networkxs API to compute the shortest path between nodes of the network (what I mean by nodes of the network is junction of your road network)
  • The last step is to compare the distance between the different nodes and the targeted one.
You can check this work by following this link. However, as explained above the code is very old

Another quick around solution and which may be not bounded to older versions of SUMO is to:
  • Identify your edges and the targeted one then retrieve the coordinates of their centre
  • Compute the distance between your edge and the target one via their centre coordinate and the specific TraCI command  distance request (0x83)
Voila voila, I hope that is the expected answer,

Arslane HAMZA-CHERIF