Von: sumo-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:sumo-user-bounces@eclipse.org] Im Auftrag von Jakob Erdmann
Gesendet: Freitag, 7. September 2018 14:51
An: Sumo project User discussions
Betreff: Re: [sumo-user] vehicle don't overtake in the opposite direction in SUMO 1.0.0

Hello,

- the failure to change through the opposite lane in your example is due to there being multiple lanes on the road in question. The implementation was following the assumption that opposite-direction overtaking only needs to be considered on single-lane roads but this did not account for unusable lanes. (https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/issues/4550).  The issue was already present in 0.32.0 and has been fixed in the development version.

- the issue with collisions is due to safety issues with the new car following model ACC (https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/issues/4551)

- there are further collisions triggered by problems with the opposite-direction model. Some of them have been fixed in the meantime but some still remain. (https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/issues/3718)

regards,

Jakob

Hello Jakob,

i have also the feeling that the overtaking in the opposite direction don’t work fine in the new version of SUMO.

I used the parameter during the conversion via Netconvert:

<opposites.guess  value ="true"/>

<opposites.guess.fix-lengths  value ="true"/>

Everything work fine, and we can also see in the generated “net.xml File” the “neigh- parameter”, which define the neighbor lane. Thus the vehicle can drive on that opposite lane to doing some overtaking maneuver.

Unfortunately the vehicles don’t overtake in the Network. I tried also to modify the Car Following Model, but the same issue. The vehicle just drive behind the bicycle (max speed is under 20 km/h) (see picture in attached).

Furthermore I some place on the Network vehicle just drives in the leader car without considering the “minGap-parameter” (collision) (see picture in the attached).

Thank you very much for your help.

Br

Christian