Re: [sumo-user] Question regarding TLS in SUMO

The recommended approach to testing new TLS algorithms in SUMO is to take a static controller and remote-controll it via TraCI. As indicated in an earlier answer, a good strategy is to set high green phase durations for the static controller and switch it by calling setPhase as triggered by your own algorithm implemented in python or java (or another supported client language).
This is preferred to remote-controlling an actuated controller because additional interferece is usually not desired.
If your algorithm is to be tested in a city wide simulation (i.e. 100+ controllers) and execution speed becomes critical, then you could take one of  the actuated controllers as a template and add your own algorithm to the C++ code base.

What do you mean by "you do not need these" ?
Regarding to the actuated algorithms, how can I implement a new algorithm and pass it to the TL?

Best regards,
José