[sumo-user] TraCI step-length

Hi,

I'm using TaCi/C++ to use SUMO in co-simulation with another software.
So far I have a very simple program to get the position of the vehicles in the simulation (the simulation has just two cars). It works perfectly fine.
Now I tried to change the step length for the simulation steps to 1ms. My program is still able to connect to the client. But after that it just stops.
I the SUMO cmd I get the following output:
Step #0.200 <0ms ?*RT. ?UPS, TraCI: 1ms, vehicles TOT 0 ACT 0 BUF =>

Can anybody tell me what that means and/or how I can solve the problem?

I would also like to know if there is supposed to be any difference in the simulation when I change client.simulationStep() to for example client.simulationStep(0.001). Is this also supposed to change the simulation step length?

Thank you

BR
Gunnar