Re: [sumo-user] TraCI step-length

Hi Gunnar,

the simulationStep takes an argument, that will move the simulation to that position. See the wiki:

http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/TraCI/Control-related_commands

"If TargetTime is 0 (zero), SUMO performs exactly one time step. Otherwise SUMO performs the simulation until the given time step is reached."

Have you set the step length for SUMO in the sumocfg file like this:

<step-length value="0.001" />

If so, calling simulationStep without an argument should move the simulation 1 ms ahead. 1 ms does seem like a very small step size. On most operating systems, you will probably not be able to view the simulation normally; ie. on Windows the lenght of a processor time slice is about 14 ms.

Regards, Menno