Re: [sumo-user] routing vehicles over large roundabout

Hello,
when loading trips, vehicles always take the fastest route according to averaged travel times.
My guess is that these times are inappropriate.
You can check this by setting the edge coloring to 'by routing device assumed speed' and see if the straight path is colored reddish.
This could occur when the averaging algorithm does not smooth out the traffic light cycle.
Try setting the option --device.rerouting.adaptation-steps yourTLSCycleTime
regards,
Jakob

Hello,

while simulating a large roundabout I am running into trouble with the routes vehicles choose. The roundabout has four arms. Many vehicles want to go "straight", i.e. they want to take the first exit after entering the roundabout. SUMO however sends these vehicles for a trip all around the roundabout, which leads to congestion as the traffic light program is not equipped for this (it would also be odd in reality).

I am using OD2TRIPS to generate trips files that I feed into SUMO via the <route-files> attribute in the sumocfg file.

Given this scenario, is there a way to force (all) vehicles to choose the shortest route?

Thanks, greets,

Menno