Re: [sumo-user] Sumo Traci departure time of vehicles changes with vehicle.setSpeed()

Hello,
you can force your vehicles to enter the network by using the function vehicle.moveTo after adding them.
regards,
Jakob

Hello,

I control the speed of my vehicles via Traci with vehicle.setSpeed(), which I'm reading from a file. After I ran the simulation I noticed that the vehicles didn't behave as expected. The depart times of the vehicles (which were specified in the route-file) changed. Some vehicles entered the network way later than specified. I did some tests and it seems like the lane must be free for several meters in front of the depart position before one vehicle can enter the network.

In my example i have a single straight lane and all vehicles enter at the same position at the beginning of the lane. My vehicle 'A' enters the network, but slows down, so that at the time the next vehicle 'B' enters, 'A' has only driven a few meters and is still quite near to the beginning of the lane (but there is still more than enough space to avoid a collision). What I observed is that 'B' now does not enter at its specified departure time, but about 4 seconds later.

Has anyone of you experienced this problem? Is there an option to disable this behavior? How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Duc