Re: [stp-dev] Idea on Integrating a New Policy tool for GSoc'09'

Hi Udayanga,
So, for technical nitty-gritty details on the projects, send an email to this
list with something like [policy] in the subject line - the guys who know
the code should spot that and be able to jump in. Be aware, however
that EclipseCon is next week and people are usually very busy getting
their presentations, demos, etc, together.

There may be useful information on the wiki at
http://wiki.eclipse.org/STP/Policy_Component

Also, the policy stuff builds heavily on the editing frameworks that
Eclipse already has in place, so you may find yourself discovering
a lot about those too.

> Also not too sure of the extension points i'm are going to be using of the
> ui . One of it will it be 'org.eclipse.ui.editors' ,am i correct ?

This extension point is not part of the Policy editor - it's provided by
the basic Eclipse UI - so it's one of those frameworks I mentioned
that the policy editor builds on. You can find out more about it,
and see the schema, in the Eclipse Help in the IDE.

> Further i would like to know about the build
> tools used for creating Eclipse plugins as well (i hv used maven2 based
> plugins(Bnd) for creating OSGi comps before..but i guess Eclipse dnt use
> tht.. ) I would also very much appreciate if you could provide me some
> resource links with regarding above aspects as well..

Use the PDE - plugin development environment. Again there is
a lot of documentation available in the Eclipse Help in the IDE,
and the PDE tools are quite advanced, with Templates to help
you get kick-started with various plugin approaches. Go there
first.

 --oh

Back to the top