Re: [science-pmc] Thoughts on projects switching between type A and type B IP due diligence

Anyone wanting to redistribute and/or sell products that include Eclipse code would require the additional due diligence provided by B. Otherwise they could be potentially liable for infringing IP or copyright. So if there is any desire to have the software used in this way (e.g. you wanted a vendor to use it in a product, or you thought it might be worthy of commercialization) then B would be the best choice. If you don't think this is likely then A is probably fine.

Regards,
Greg