Re: [rest-dev] [External] : Proposed change to Committer-Conventions

On Mar 5, 2024, at 4:35 AM, Jan Supol <jan.supol@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I understand the release-4.0 contains more than what it supposed to be in 4.0 now. Basically, we need to create release-5.0 from release-4.0, drop release-4.0, and recreate release-4.0 from main and we gonna get what is proposed here, right?

Jan,
Hopefully tomorrow the Jakarta Spec committee will approve the Release-4.0 changes proposed in https://github.com/jakartaee/specifications/pull/705.   We’ll then need to bring all the other branches in line.   Hopefully we can avoid as much dual maintenance as possible.

Assuming all goes well tomorrow I plan to put out a separate note with a proposed plan for discussion and adjustment.

Thanks,
Jim

Back to the top