Von: Arjan Tijms [mailto:arjan.tijms@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 5. März 2024 01:12
An: Markus Karg
Cc: Jakarta Rest project developer discussions; Jim Krueger
Betreff: Re: [rest-dev] Proposed change to Committer-Conventions

Hi,

On Mon, 4 Mar 2024 at 17:59, Markus Karg <markus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

-1 as the past has shown that some committers tend to merge hastily

What is too hasty? If we accept that PRs can easily be reverted if needed, and especially if we trust in the committers*, there is really no concept of hasty. Commits and merges come in when they come in.

*) If we don't trust someone as a committer, why did that person become a committer in the first place?

Kind regards,

Arjan Tijms

Back to the top