Re: [rdf4j-dev] 3.1.1 patch release today, next minor/major release scheduling

On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 9:04 PM Bart Hanssens (BOSA) <bart.hanssens@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

Unfortunately I didn’t have the time to continue the work on RDFa parser

No worries - and thanks for updating the ticket.

 Instead, I’ve been working on an experimental HDT parser (not optimized, see https://github.com/eclipse/rdf4j/issues/232) since I want to use that in an internal project.

The specification of this binary format (http://www.rdfhdt.org/hdt-binary-format/) is unfortunately not entirely up-to-date (nor complete), but at least I’m able to read a simple file produced by HDT-It.

So that could be a 3.2 experimental feature.

Sounds good! This has been on the backlog for a while, glad to see there's some movement on it.

In the (very) long run I’d like to try implementing some kind of an HDT sail, since this indexed format is excellent for Linked Data Fragments.

Sounds intriguing,  though I wonder how well the format lends itself to arbitrary lookups. Some competition for the native store would be good though.

Cheers,

Jeen

Back to the top