[ptp-dev] specify sdm debuggers path

I am trying to find a way to specify sdm debuggers (gdb) path. I am
aware that it is possible to specify a global path using Window ->
Preference -> Parallel Tools -> Debug -> SDM -> Backend Debugger / Path
to Backend Debugger.

I also noticed that there is an extension point at
org.eclipse.ptp.debug.sdm.core.SDMDebugger that makes possible to
include new debuggers in the combo box of this preference and also in
the combo box of the debug configuration (Debug Configuration ->
Parallel Application -> Debugger -> Combobox).

The problem is that it is not possible to use that window preference to
specify a path for each of the debuggers. The "path to backend
debugger" is just one.

So another alternative I investigated was by using
 the extension point org.eclipse.ptp.debug.core.parallelDebuggers to
 specify a new SDMDebugger class. I thought of extending this class,
 override the initialize method and manually specify the debuggers
 paths.

The problem is that when extending this class, several private methods
of the superclass, that are used by the initialize method, cannot be
accessed by the subclass.

Could anyone help in a possible solution to this issue?

Best regards,
Rodrigo.

Back to the top