Re: [ptp-dev] PTP master archives

I need to make some offline installation instructions too.
See http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/release_notes/4.0#Installing_PTP_from_an_archive_site
for a start.
I need to update this for 5.0
There is an RSE update zip file in our downloads dir that i point people at for this.
And I typically have all this stuff on a USB pen drive for offline installation at tutorials as conferences where the network access is ... less than ideal (remember SC10?)
So download Eclipse classic, cdt-master, ptp-master, rse update site, and you're good to go.
Note there are more goodies in our all in one package now but the above will suffice.

In the above, I say "Find the most recent 4.0.x release, and save the ptp-master-xxx.zip file to a known location"
I suppose a bit more explanation is in order.
I doubt 5.0.x builds will be that risky.
We also "mark" them as releases too - See http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ptp/builds/indigo/index.html (names in parentheses)

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Jeffrey Overbey ---06/14/2011 10:59:03 AM---Hi, I'm working on instructions for installing Photran inJeffrey Overbey ---06/14/2011 10:59:03 AM---Hi, I'm working on instructions for installing Photran into an existing Eclipse

Jeffrey Overbey <overbey2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

ptp-dev <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

06/14/2011 10:59 AM

[ptp-dev] PTP master archives

    Sent by:

ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I'm working on instructions for installing Photran into an existing Eclipse installation on a machine without Internet access (ugh).

Is there (or will there be) a web page similar to
http://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/releases/helios/ with the master archives of PTP Indigo releases but not integration builds?

If not, I can point users to
http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ptp/builds/indigo/ but I'm not exactly sure how to explain which build they want.  The natural inclination is to just choose the top one in the list (the most recent) but this is a recipe for disaster since it's probably going to be some random, untested build.  (Granted, I could point them directly to a specific build, but I'm trying to write instructions that will be correct for 5.0.1, 5.0.2, 5.0.3...)

Jeff