Re: [ptp-dev] Problem with XML input to JAXB parser for PE resource manager

Al
This didn't help. I'm still getting the same message. I deleted both dynamic tab elements from my XML flie, including all the widgets and still get the exact same exception and exact same line number reference (line 187 column 20). The message still compains about grid-data even though I don't have grid-data anywhere in my XML file.

It seems like code somewhere has cached something, or something is looking at the wrong file since nothing I do changes the line number and column reference, even after I restart Eclipse.

I think I still have a problem where I have not properly closed an XML tag properly, but I'm just not seeing it. I did find a couple problems like that but maybe not all of them.

My stripped down XML file is attached.

Dave

Re: [ptp-dev] Problem with XML input to JAXB parser for PE        resource        manager

Albert L. Rossi to: Parallel Tools Platform general developers
06/01/2011 09:00 AM

Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Please respond to Parallel Tools Platform general developers

Dave,

The JAXB XSD validator is a steel trap.  It does not consider these equivalent:

<grid-data widthHint="200"></grid-data>
<grid-data widthHint="200"/>

Since the XSD does not allow grid-data to have children, the first form is being interpreted as an empty-string child.

Try changing to the second form and see what happens.

I will see if there is a way to make the validator ignore implicit text children.

Al